Knowledge is the key to successfully making money fast online. The Google Webmaster Tools is one tool that any affiliate marketer or anyone trying to make money online should use. Its totally free, just go to google.com and type “Google Webmaster Tools” then click the link and sign in with your email
The Google Webmaster Tools can provide so much of valuable information about your blog or website that can help you to sky rocket your rankings in Google. It’s a great tool for search engine optimization.
Here’s some information that the Google Webmaster Tools provide
1) The number of impressions your website or blog has received for certain keywords. And the position of your site for those keywords in the Google results page. This is a very important piece of information since it allows you to see for what keywords your site/blog is ranked and if your position for those keywords are improving or if its going down in the Google results page.
2) The number of clicks your website or blog has received in Google for these keywords.
3) Shows other websites that are linking to your website. In this list some of the sites that link to you might not be shown since it only shows URL’s that are already in Google’s index.
4) Shows the internal links of your sites (the pages of your site that link to the homepage or any other pages of your site). The internal link structure of a website is very important, the rank of a website/blog in a search engine is affected by both internal and external links (links to you from other sites).
5) Shows if Google has detected any Malware on your site.
6) Google Webmaster Tools is also a great way to debug your website as it shows Crawl Errors (problems Google has encountered while crawling your website). Therefore it is important to fix them if there are any errors.
7) It also provides the Crawl stats (shows how many times Google has crawled your website in the last 90 days, also the kilobytes downloaded per day and the time spent downloading a page.)
8) Google Webmaster Tools shows if it has detected any duplicate content in your site, also shows if there are problematic title tags or meta descriptions. If there are any duplicate content issues its important to fix it immediately as the website can get penalized by Google for having Duplicate content. Read my other post on Google Ban - 10 Actions That Will Ban Your Website In Google to learn how to avoid getting penalized by Google.
Before getting started with Google Webmaster Tools you have to create a XML Sitemap for Google. The main reason for creating a XML Sitemap is that it makes it a lot easier for Google to crawl your site, sometimes if you don’t have a sitemap all pages of your website will not get crawled by Google (one reason for it is using bad coding methods). So by creating a sitemap it becomes a lot easier for Google to crawl your site, therefore you can be certain that Google has crawled your site properly.
The website that I used to create sitemaps for free for my website and blog is
However it will create XML Sitemaps for free only if your website has less than 500 pages or your blog has less than 500 posts. If it is more than that then you will have to pay $20 and register in that site to create sitemaps for websites/blogs with more than 500 pages.
After you have created the XML sitemap for your website or blog then you have to submit it in Google Webmaster Tools. Watch the below video, so you will know exactly how to submit it to Google.
And when ever you make major updates to the content of your website or blog its important to create another sitemap and resubmit it to Google. I usually update the sitemap for this blog every time I add a new post. Some webmasters use the robot.txt file to automatically recreate it every time your site is updated but I recommend to manually do this since it’s less complicated.
If your website has got banned or penalized by Google then you can use the Google Webmaster Tools to submit your website for reconsideration. There are some websites out there that shows whether your website has been banned by Google or not, I am not sure about the accuracy of these results but its worth noting them down.
Watch the below video to learn quickly how to use the Google Webmaster Tools